Produced by Paul Jones
Written by Mervin Houser & Jerry Davis
Starring Dean Martin
Distributed by Paramount Pictures
Release date July 25, 1956
Running time 91 minutes
Language English This is the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis film where they play cowboys. I think this is one of the better Martin & Lewis comedies, perhaps because Jerry isn’t as annoying in this as he is in many of his other films (he is still annoying though!). This was of course a staple of Sunday afternoon TV back when I was a kid in the 80s thanks to Bill Collins, but I haven’t seen it for a long time.
Even though some of the songs are kinda annoying it is still a good way to waste 90 minutes.
This is the film where Dean and Jerry break the 4th wall at the end to reassure their fans that they were going to make films together for many more years. Things didn’t pan out that way of course as they would only make one more film together, Hollywood or Bust. By this time they were fighting and I guess that the public must have known about it, which is why they tried to reassure them. I do know that during Hollywood or Bust they weren’t on speaking terms.
- Five things to do today: July 24 (timeoutny.com)
- ‘Classic 3-D,’ Straight From ’50s, at Film Forum (nytimes.com)
- Jerry Lewis gets a little raunchy during 2010 telethon (pbpulse.com)
- Good Night for Jerry Lewis Telethon? (patspapers.com)
- Jerry Lewis Jokes About His “Porno Tapes” And Lack Of “Hanky Panky” (mediaite.com)
- Jerry Lewis on Lindsay Lohan: ‘I Would Smack Her in the Mouth!’ (VIDEO) (tvsquad.com)
- Jerry Lewis Wants To Spank Things (manolith.com)
- Michael Sigman: My Heart Cries for Mitch Miller (huffingtonpost.com)
- Terrence Malick Wants Natalie Portman And Brad Pitt For Jerry Lee Lewis Movie (cinemablend.com)
- Jerry Lewis And His Chihuahua Share A Long Kiss On His Telethon (mediaite.com)